1. Privacy Statement
- Personal information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
2. Collection of Personal Information
- Homemakers only collects personal information for the purposes of conducting our business as a supplier of furniture and bedding. The personal information we collect from you will include information you give us when you:
(a) become a subscriber to our Website or newsletter;
(b) purchase products or services from us; and/or
(c) contact us.
- The personal information that we collect on individuals may include, but is not limited to:
(a) your name;
(b) your contact details including your email, home address and billing address;
(c) your payment details; and
(d) other personal information that we collect in the course of a transaction or that you provide to us when you contact us.
- We may collect personal information from individuals who are not customers of our business but whose personal information is given to us by those individuals via our Website or when they speak with customer services personnel.
- Where reasonably practicable, we attempt to collect information directly from individuals. When we collect information, we will generally explain to the individual why we are collecting it, who we give it to and how we will use or disclose it or, alternatively, those matters will be obvious from the circumstances.
- If we collect information about an individual from someone else, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the individual is made aware of the matters listed in clause 2 iv.
- We will collect personal information from you by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
(a) your computer's operating system;
(b) your computer's browser type and capabilities;
(c) your computer's Internet Protocol (IP) address and geolocation;
(d) web pages visited, including how you were referred to each web page; and
(e) web page usage statistics, including the time spent on each web page.
In addition, third parties may place and read cookies on your computer, or use other technologies to collect information. We mainly use Google Analytics, Google Adwords and Campaign Monitor.
Cookies can be managed by accessing the settings in your browser.
- We will not identify users or their browsing activities, except where required by law or in accordance with our Website Terms & Conditions.
3. Using and Disclosing Your Personal Information
- We will generally use or disclose your personal information only for the primary purpose for which it was collected; or for a related secondary purpose where you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the personal information for that secondary purpose. We may otherwise use and disclose your personal information if you have given us consent for the use or disclosure or it is required or authorised by law.
- If those purposes for which we have collected the information involve providing personal information about an individual to any third party, we will take appropriate and reasonable steps to ensure any personal information is protected.
- We will generally only use personal information for marketing if you have given express or implied consent or it is impracticable to seek consent before this use.
- When you register with us, you consent to us using your personal information, such as your email address, for direct marketing purposes. This includes emailing you product or sales information. You may opt out of receiving these marketing emails at any time.
- We may also provide your information to third parties that provide services to us, including third parties that provide our payment gateway, marketing, logistics and technology support services.
- In addition, we may also disclose your information to third parties in order for them to provide products or services to you.
4. Security of Your Personal Information
- We take steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure and against other misuse. When no longer required, personal information is destroyed in a secure manner or deleted.
5. Access to Your Personal Information and Complaints Procedure
- Under the Privacy Act, you have certain rights to access the personal information we collect and hold about you.
- Generally, subject to the exceptions of Australian Privacy Principle 12.3, we will allow an individual access to the personal information we hold about them within a reasonable time after it is requested. Depending upon the nature of the access requested we may charge you for access. We may refuse access where the nature of the access sought is unreasonable or impractical. You may make a request to access your personal information by writing to us at: Privacy Enquiries, Homemakers South Ltd, 29A Redland Drive Mitcham VIC 3132 or via email to: Sleepzone Bedding
- We take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up to date and complete. Where an individual requests to correct information, we will take reasonable steps to correct the information, having regard to the purpose for which it is held. You may lodge a request to correct personal information by writing to us at the postal or email addresses in clause 5 ii above.
- If you wish to make a complaint about a breach by us of the Australian Privacy Principles, including about how we handle your personal information, you may write to us at the postal or email addresses in clause 5 ii above. We will endeavour to respond to your complaint within a reasonable time after receiving it. If you are not satisfied by our response, or wish to obtain further information regarding Privacy, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.